- BRAG - Bike Ride Across Georgia Spring Tune-Up - Join us for this Spring Tune-Up Ride to clear the cobwebs off your bicycle and shake the winter right out of your legs. Come see what makes the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia so special. It’s much more than just another bike ride. Ride for a day or for the entire 3-day weekend. Madison is located on Georgia’s Antebellum Trail and the town has plenty to enjoy while you’re giving your legs a rest! www.brag.org
- The Real Buckhead Road Race 5K – For more information, visit www.classicraceservices.com
- Storytelling Festival @ MMCC – 706-342-4743 – www.mmcc-arts.org
- Masters Tournament in Augusta, GA - Rooms available in Georgia’s Lake Country!
- Storyteller Miss Renee @ Morgan Co. Library9:50am – 706-342-1206
- 'The Retrieval' - Southern Circuit Independent Film @ MMCC - 7pm – 706-342-4743
- Bingo for Books @ Morgan Co. Library– 6pm – Free, Reservations Required 706-342-1206
- FARMeander Weekend– 8 Towns East – 706-342-9252 – www.mmcgeorgia.org
- 'The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe' Student Series @ MMCC - 9:30am & 1pm - 706-342-4743 or
- "[Re]turn" Premier Staged Reading of a new play by Jimmy Holder, directed by Iona Holder. GCSU Campus Black Box Theatre - 8:00 p.m - Shades of Green Conference.
- Moonlight on the Capital At 6 p.m. is the Third annual "Moonlight on the Capital" with dinner and dancing to the music of Reunion on Grant Parade outside the Old Capitol Building on the Georgia Military College campus. Ticket information at 478-453-1803 or email email@example.com.
- Maria Howell & The Mose Davis Trio. 7:30 p.m. - Maria Howell & The Mose Davis Trio will present an evening of jazz in Allen's Market. Maria Howell is a native of North Carolina who now calls Atlanta home. She has appeared in television shows like "Army Wives" and "Drop Dead Diva", and in movies including "The Blind Side" and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." Howell started singing in church at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped since. She has shared the stage with such acts as Marvin Hamlisch, Ray Charles and Boyz II Men, among others. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the Marlor House from 9:00 a.m-4:30 p.m. M-F or online at www.milledgevillealliedarts.com.
- Milledgeville Film Festival. A three-day movie explosion in the heart of Georgia's lake country. Features and shorts are welcome in a contest that mixes our city's history and new filmmakers with our Oliver Hardy Comedy Award and Central State Hospital horror screening. Outdoor screening at the Greenway. Compete, chat, and celebrate with other filmmakers in Milledgeville’s iconic buildings with our Magnolia Ballroom Gala and renovated Campus Theatre workshops. Tickets available by going to store.milledgevillefilmfestival.com/ For more information call 706-623-3595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 25 - August 17:
- 'Three Paths' Visual Arts Exhibit Opening Reception @ MMCC - 6pm-8pm - 706-342-4743 or www.mmcc-arts.org
- MadisonFest in Town Park – An outdoor festival in historic, downtown Madison GA features garden and craft vendors, food, live music and creative activities for children. Spend the day interacting with local and regional visitors interested in shopping for hard-to-find perennials and heirloom plants, and eager to browse a wide variety of handcrafted wares created by talented regional artists. 10am – 4pm; www.mainstreetmadisonga.com
- Habitat for Humanity's Orange Vest Fest and 5K Run. 9:00 a.m.-Noon - Powell Building on Central State Hospital Campus, Milledgeville. The Orange Vest Fest and 5K race will consist of a Fun Run, a 5K Race and a festival featuring a kid's zone, group activities and vendors from local businesses and community groups for a morning of family-friendly fun. All monies raised will stay in the Baldwin County community. This event will take place rain or shine. Admission: $15 for children 12 & under, $25 for adults. To register today and help make a difference in the Baldwin County community visit www.milledgevillehabitat.org/5k.
- Pickle Barrel Golf Tournament. 9:00 a.m. Little Fishing Creek Golf Course, Pickle Barrel Golf Tournament to Benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Baldwin and Jones Counties. Two-man scramble, 18 holes, $50 per person, $100 per team. For information on the tournament call Kyle at 478-445-0796.
- Music at the Mansion 6:00 p.m. In partnership with the Georgia College Department of Music, the Old Governor's Mansion will host a concert featuring the university's small ensembles, Max Noah Singers, and the Wind Symphony. This will be a "picnic pops" event, so bring you food blanket, and enjoy and evening of wonderful music. Donations will be accepted and all proceeds benefit music scholarships and the Old Governor's Mansion.