- Taste of Eatonton 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Plaza on Madison Avenue in Downtown Eatonton. Enjoy a sampling of food and drink from over 25 local restaurants and caterers. Tickets are available at the gate. Be sure to try your luck at the silent auction and raffle all while enjoying the music from the live remotes. For more information call (706) 485-7701 or visit www.tasteofeatonton.com.
- The Village at Harmony Crossing presents First Friday. There will be live entertainment, kid's events on the lawn and merchants will be open late offering specials and discounts to shoppers. Village at Harmony Crossing is located on Lake Oconee. For more information, call (706) 923-0190 or visit www.vharmonycrossing.com.
- Dvorak's Piano Concerto with Kazanetti. The Plaza Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. presents the award-winning Kazanetti String Quartet who has performed across the USA and in Europe, and in 2008 was appointed Artists-in-Residence at The Plaza Arts Center. For more information, call (706) 923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- Chili Cook-Off & Fall Festival at Madison’s Town Park. Compete in a cook-off – Open (Red Chili Only) and CASI (Grind) Competition Categories, Sample lots of great chili – Tasting kits are $3), from 12:30-2:30; Let your voice be heard! Vote for the People’s Choice Chili Award; Relax in the Beer (and wine) Garden, opens at 11:00 am; Buy a beautiful fall pumpkin or gourd; learn to carve a pumpkin from a pro; Compete in the Cornhole Competition; Compete in the Krystal's Chili Pup Eating Contest; Shop for locally grown produce and handcrafted art; Listen to some great live music: The Packway Handle Band at 2:00 pm; The Eric Dodd Band at 11:30 am. www.madisonga.com
- Saturday at the Rock, Historical Cemeteries and Stories. From 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Rock Eagle 4-H Center. Saturday at the Rock is geared for all ages and is $5.00 for participants 5 years old and up and free to anyone 4 and younger. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Registration is needed prior to arrival. Call Matt Hammons at (706) 484-2862 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register. For more information http://www.rockeagle4h.org/ee/community/SaturdayattheRock.html.
- Briar Patch Arts Festival. A spectacular, unique arts festival from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in downtown Eatonton. Specialty arts and crafts vendors will be showcasing handmade soaps, photography, paintings, jewelry, pottery, wood working, handmade glassware, clothing, potted plants, children's items and much more. Live entertainment on the Music Stage will keep you tapping your toes. For more information, contact the Eatonton Mainstreet Office (706) 749-9150 or visit www.eatontonmainstreet.com.
- Stories from the Grave, Cemetery Tour, presented by The Plaza Arts Center. 6 p.m. For more information, contact The Plaza Arts Center, call (706) 923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- Downtown Trick or Treat. Little ghouls and goblins are invited to Downtown Greensboro for a safe place to take part in the tradition of Trick or Treat. Downtown merchants, many in costume, offer treats and maybe a scare. Downtown Trick or Treat will take place in Downtown Greensboro from 5p.m. to 7p.m. For more information contact Better Hometown at (706) 453-7674